Opennemas - How to configure Facebook Instant Articles
The first thing to do is sign up to join the Instant Articles program in https://www.facebook.com/instant_articles/signup
1. Access Instant Articles Tools
Once you’ve signed up to join the Instant Articles program, the tools you’ll use to manage your Instant Articles account can be found on your Facebook Page.
- Go to your Facebook page
- On the top of your Page, click Publishing Tools.
- To access Instant Articles configuration, click on the top right Settings option.
- To access Instant Articles Library, click Instant Articles in the left hand column.
2. Claim Your URL
You’ll need to claim a URL so you can publish Instant Articles that point to content on that domain.
You only have to go to the tools of instant articles and in the section "Claim your URL" copy the value of the tag, for example:
<meta property="fb:pages" content="value_to_copy" />
This value must be set on the configuration of your Opennemas Instance on System > Settings > External Services > Facebook > Instant Articles
Then enter the URL of your domain in the field indicated and click "Claim URL".
3. Choose your publishing platform
Pick one of two publishing platforms that make it easy to publish an entire inventory of content—or any subset of it—every day, directly from your existing content management system Opennemas.
For that step, in the configuration, you must add the RSS feed source for development and production environments for publications. The specific Opennemas RSS address for Facebook Instant Articles is:
Where you should replace www.example.com with your own Opennemas newspaper domain.
4. Create Style Templates
Style templates allow you to customize the look and feel of your Instant Articles. To create style templates, your designer or art director should go to your Instant Articles Configuration page on Facebook.
You need to add a logo to the styles generated or even the "default" otherwise articles can not be validated.
5. Set up ads
To add advertising on your Facebook Instant Articles, Opennemas has an option to manage advertising on your administration panel on Web Site> Advertising where you must choose Instant Articles Page on page and select one of the 3 Available options.
Advertisement codes must have the following format:
<iframe src="https://www.adserver.com/ss;adtype=banner320x50" height="50" width="320"></iframe>
<iframe height="300" width="300"> <!-- Include full ad code here --> </iframe>
6. Set up Analytics
Opennemas automatically detects the configuration of Google Analytics, comScore and OJD you have configured on your administrator panel in System > Settings > External Services and generates the correct code on your Facebook Instant Articles without any extra configuration.
7. Give Your Team Page Roles
Give members of your design and development teams roles on the Page so they can access the tools.
- Admin: Can manage all aspects and permissions for the Instant Articles tools, and all aspects of Pages, including sending messages and publishing as Pages, creating ads, viewing Insights and assigning Page roles
- Editor: Can access and edit articles with the Instant Articles tools, edit Pages, send messages and publish as Pages, create ads and view Page Insights
- Moderator: Can respond to and delete comments on Pages, send messages as Pages, create ads and view Page Insights, but does not have access to the Instant Articles tools
- Advertiser: Can create ads for Pages and view Page Insights
- Analyst: Can access the Instant Articles tools and view Page Insights
8. Submit 10 Articles for Review by Facebook
Every new publisher must be approved by Facebook before publication can begin. Prepare 10 articles, with live ads enabled, that show the breadth of design and interactive features you intend to use typically. Submit articles, receive feedback and communicate with your reviewer via the Instant Articles Configuration page (see step 1, above).
If your articles don't conform to our policies and design guidelines, you may be asked to resubmit. If you need to resubmit, your reviewer will look at a random sample of articles selected from the most recent 10 available. Make sure you have 10 new or modified articles that reflect your most recent updates.
9. Begin Publishing!
Once your Instant Articles feed has been approved, you’ll be ready to go. When your feed is approved, your team can decide when to begin publishing Instant Articles.
Remember that publishing an Instant Article does not create a corresponding Facebook post containing the article in your Page timeline or in News Feed. This is true whether you publish Instant Articles manually or through the API or an RSS feed.
10. Official Documentation
For more information on Facebook Instant Articles access the official documentation on https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instant-articles